In Playgrounds! we’ll take you back in time and give you all the freedom and fun you had when you were a child playing outside.
Playgrounds! is a mock-up and prototype we used to play around in. We envisioned an online multiplayer game that would be perfect for those who are still a little too young for the big league.
Heavilly inspired by just playing outside, Playgrounds! would feature: Base building, character classes, skins and upgrades, Fair and Foul play mode and more. But every weapon or object would have been constructed by kids: simple objects put together on a playground (slide, swings etc) as a base, mom’s cooking pan as a helmet, binoculars made from toilet paper. Everything could be upgraded and special skins as a reward for higher leveled players. Pure team based, capture modes, plain old fun!
- You have 1 minute to construct your base, teamwork or chaos?
- Try to capture the flag and bring it home.
- Every ‘kill’ earns points to unlock more items to expand your base next round.
- If you are downed, TIME-OUT!
- Are you going to wait untill the Timer is down? Or sneak away and cheat?
- Various classes (tank, spy, sniper, healer, spotter)
- Spy can be any object in the level, including the flags
- Spotter can punish cheaters
Playgrounds! is currently shelved due to the immensly popular Battle Royale genre.